OCS is thrilled to be able to announce a new addition to our staff for the 2021-2022 school year. Kallie McCutcheon is heading to Orcas with her husband, Ryan, and their two kids, Rigel and Piper. The family is moving from Sitka, Alaska where she has worked at Sitka Adventist School for 8 years and is currently the principal and sole teacher (grades 1-8). At OCS, she will be teaching 4th and 5th grade, with Mrs. Pottle taking our large 3rd grade group.
Here are some fun facts about our new addition:
- She and her husband honeymooned at Rosario Resort
- For 5 summers, she worked in commercial fishing for sockeye salmon in Egegik, Alaska
- In Sitka, she is part of a Russian dancing team where they dance troikas and wear lots of fun costumes
- Her family loves hiking and kayaking
- Habukkuk 2:3 is her favorite Bible verse: “Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.”
- Almond aux croissants are her favorite pastry (and her husband says her homemade ones rival those in a Paris patisserie)
- Tan is her least favorite crayon color
- She loves gardening and teaching children to garden (so she’ll feel right at home getting her hands dirty in the Enchanted Food Forest)
Kallie and her family will be visiting the island next week in preparation for their move this Summer.